- 15 children to 1 Registered Early Childhood Educator.
- Before and after school only.
- PA days – Exciting and wonderful trips to Kortright Centre, Apple Orchards and the Forest.
- Community projects: the children will decide on their own community projects (the local Food Bank) and create fundraising plans to achieve their goals.
- We will have a quiet homework area for your child.
- Children will also have the opportunity to play and visit with our younger children. This encourages empathy in children of all ages. Empathy is part of our anti bullying project.
- The Virtues project will be part of the day-to-day activities of our school age program.
Our Ideal Day: School Age Program
7:00 to 8:00 Children arrive during the morning, as teachers greet each child and parent and facilitate separation issues. Children wash their hands on arrival. Breakfast is also served during this time. Children will engage in quiet play activities.
8:00 to 8:25 Get ready for School/Walk to School.
All Children Attend School*
2:50 Pick up children from School.
3:00 Walk back to The Sunflower School.
3:20 to 3:45 Wash hands and Afternoon Snack.
3:45 to 6:00 Afternoon investigation work, After 5pm refreshment, Getting ready for home time, Outdoor play if time permits.
Lord Dufferin: walk to Princess Elizabeth and bus to St Andrews.
Townline: bus to St Peters and Princess Elizabeth.
Our Ideal Day: PA Day/Camp Days
7:00 to 9:00 Children arrive, children’s attendance is recorded for the day, and Breakfast is served. Children engage in quiet play activities.
9:00 to 11:00 Trips are preplanned, Morning investigations, Snack, Meeting times together.
11:00 to 12:00 Outdoor play.
12:00 to 12:30 Wash Hands/Lunch.
12:30 to 1:00 Quiet meeting time: to discuss future plans.
1:00 to 2:00 Outdoor Play.
2:00 to 3:30 Afternoon Investigations.
3:30 to 6:00 Wash Hands, Afternoon Snack, Afternoon investigations, Getting ready for Home time.